[Sca-cooks] colours of belts etc

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Tue Nov 5 17:53:27 PST 2002

In a message dated 11/3/2002 11:58:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com writes:

> . My first belt I made for the SCA was a reddish-brown belt. After
> a number of comments from various squires, I dyed it with a dark-brown
> dye.

I have had a very narrow reddish brown belt for about 3 years now, with a
purse holder, a buckle, and a simple endplate on it.  I have never had a
squire say one word to me about it.  A few people who are not squires -
perhaps 2 or 3 in three years - have looked at me in a puzzled way and said
something along the lines of "You're not a squire, are you?" or "When did you
squire?"  These are people who know me and know that I have never fought, so
they are asking because it doesn't make sense that I would be a squire.  None
of them has seemed overly upset about it.

Brangwayna Morgan

OFC - I provided very small (made in a mini-muffin tin) Tarts of Ember Day
(without cheese) and Menagier's Mushroom Pasties, as well as little balls of
gingerbread made with long pepper and saunders, for a demo last night - they
were very well received.  Elizabeth Spinner, also of this list, provided some
truly scrumptious stuff as well - especially the Tartes of Fysshe!