[Sca-cooks] Apologies to all Laurels, Gays, Dancers, and decorators

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Fri Nov 8 09:07:48 PST 2002

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> of course coming from a person who will craft and decorate anything that
> holds still too long, but seems to usually be the LAST person to figure
out
> anyones sexual orientation....i wish people would just go ahead and wear
> Betan earrings........

Well, at a Pennsic long ago and far away, I had an epiphany. I had just had
a conversation with a transexual, after imbibing the better part of a bottle
of good single malt, and this person, in the course of explaining the
process s/he was involved in to change genders, said, "Of course, when this
is all done, I'll be a homosexual".

Now, this gave me pause. I could not quite figure out who or what would be
the same gender as this person.

I finally gave up, and decided that it really didn't matter which gender, or
which preference, anybody had.

After all, if you want to sleep with someone, it's easy enough to ask, and
if you don't want to sleep with someone, it's easy enough to say "No."
Beyond that, who cares?

So, Gunthar, while most of us know you meant no disrespect to those who are
gay, please understand that many folks are very sensitive about stereotypes-
gays really do do other things than become hairdressers or decorators-
Avraham is an MD, and quite probably an excellent one, from the
conversations we've had- and crips actually do do things other than stay
home and collect Social Security- look at Muiredach.

Phlip

cat.

Never a horse that cain't be rode,