[Sca-cooks] Crown Tourney menu

Patricia Collum pjc2 at cox.net
Sun Nov 10 14:53:59 PST 2002

I've never had armoured turnips or tarts for Ember day at an event. Our
latest coronation feast contained: First course: trays of cheese cubes
(cheddar and colby jack etc.) salted mixed nuts and seedless red grapes and
a partially sliced half loaf of french bread with an herb butter. Next we
were served quarters of acorn squash baked and sprinkled with cinnamon. The
next course was baked seasoned chicken hindquarters served on a platter of
pearl barley. The final course was pies (these appeared to be the Mrs.
Smith's variety) There were several kinds, but unless we wanted apple we got
only what flavor our server brought us. I'm afraid we were all hungry
afterward.

Cecily