[Sca-cooks] vegetarian

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Nov 12 07:06:39 PST 2002

> I do not know about the area in which you live, but for my area this is
> patently untrue. I have a much easier time finding beef chuck for .79/lb and
> pork butt for .89/lb than I do good quality veggies. Now, if you want
> carrots, I can buy carrots all day long for cheap prices, but when you get
> into the good veggies they are vey expensive. And if I was trying to cater
> to vegitarians I would want to give them good, fresh, out of the ordinary
> veggies - not canned green beans.

Depends on what you mean by 'good veggies' too. Starches and vegetables
around here generally run less than $1/lb except for asparagus, snap peas,
broccoli & Cauliflower. Rice, barley, wheat berries, etc. I can get easily
for less than $1/lb. I wish I could regularly get red meat for less than
$1/lb!

Where do you live?

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa   jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"I used to be one of them. Now I rather think I'm one of me." -- Terry
Prachett, _Thief of Time_