[Sca-cooks] Re: Cost of feast

robert frazier robertblacksmith at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 12 18:07:20 PST 2002

but the other side of this is how many realy good $8
feast have you been to?i have been to far far more
good feast then bad.admittedly i have few foods that i
dislike and only one food alergy,i'm pretty easy to
please.i tend to go to feast for the company.
never been to a event that had a side board.

--- Terry Decker <t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> I've been to a couple of unhypothetical, bad, $8
> feasts.  More than a
> couple, if you consider the $8 to be modified for
> inflation.
>
> Most of these feasts failed because the service was
> not planned to get the
> food to the table hot and in adequate quantity.  The
> other chief reasons for
> failure were inadequate planning and plain bad
> cooking, usually by people
> who have never scaled up a recipe to industrial
> proportions.
>
> Bear
>

> >I would like to state, for the record, that I
> cannot remember where this
> >thread started and my comments should in no way be
> construed as a critique
> >of a specific feast. I am functioning on a
> hypothetical "bad" feast that
> >cost $8. I did not attend said feast, and frankly I
> have a hard time
> >believing that said hypothetical feast could exist
> in the SCA.
> >
> >Serena

=====
robert frazier