[Sca-cooks] Garlic feast

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Thu Nov 14 09:09:02 PST 2002

> > While certainly not period, this does sound intriguing. Just what dishes
> > would you do if you were doing a "Feast of Garlic"?

Marinated garlic, poached in some spiced wine with "aromatic elements" such
as carrots etc.

Cream of garlic soup (lots of garlic, poached in poultry or vegetable
stock, with heavy cream added, pureed)

Roast lamb in garlic, where you colour the meat, then put it in a roast pan
in the oven, *covered* in loose garlic bulbs that roast and cook and impart
flavour and and and...  YUMMMM.

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd
Clan of Odds
Shire of Forthcastle, Meridies
mka Nicolas Steenhout
"You must deal with me as I think of myself" - J. Hockenberry