[Sca-cooks] Anybody made Welserins Spanish Pastries?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Nov 14 20:02:19 PST 2002

Olwen asked:
> Maybe it's because I'm tired, but does this sound like the basic pecan twirl
> to anyone else?  Except with almonds which would have been period, as
> opposed to pecans.

No, it doesn't. For the pecan roll you take your flat sheet, sprinkle
with nuts and stuff and roll into log with a spiral cross-section. Then
cut slices off the end of the log.

I think this says roll out a narrow ribbon. sprinkle with nuts and
butter. Then cross one side over to the other and seal, making a long
tube with a filling. ie: the sausage. Then cut every six inches or
whatever and close up the ends creating "sausage links".

Follow the instructions, not your 20th century pre-conceptions. :-)

Stefan

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com