[Sca-cooks] Yule gifts question

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at cox.net
Fri Nov 15 07:09:15 PST 2002

At 10:05 AM 11/14/02,Kirsten Houseknecht said something like:
>one of my favorite gifts to give, that doesnt cost an arm and a leg.. is a
>big glass canning jar of layered beans. with a recipe for a bean soup.
>

>i saw, in a store. at a frighteningly high markup. a glass jar of "cookie
>recipe" with all the dry ingredients for chocolate chip cookies layered in
>it........ any ideas here????
>Kirsten

There are lots of web pages out there that give directions on how to
assemble various 'gifts in a jar' mixes. (Heck, there was even one for dog
biscuit recipe).

A few of the pages are:
http://dmoz.org/Home/Cooking/Gifts_in_a_Jar/
http://www.realfood4realpeople.com/cookies.html
http://www.oldfashionedliving.com/giftmixes.html (beverage mixes)
http://www.allrecipes.com/directory/572.asp (cookie mixes in a jar)
http://members.tripod.com/~Tweezle/makemix.html (make a mix page, including
the spiced tea hot beverage mix, YUM)
http://frugalhomemaker.com/giftsinajar.htm

And there are so many more.  Just do a search on canning jar gifts.

Regards,
Maggie MacD.