[Sca-cooks] Medieval recipes

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Nov 18 06:00:42 PST 2002

My problem is that I can cook or more properly "candy" and be in the
kitchen or I can be in the loft answering e-mail and questions and
typing up recipes and not be in the kitchen. I am working on variations
of Alexis of Piedmont's recipe entitled "A goodlie secrete for to
condite Orenges, Citrons, and all other fruytes in syrop, which is a
notable thinge" from the English edition of 1558. I have to start pears,
quinces, and apples today.

Johnnae llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway