[Sca-cooks] OOP:OT:cheesecake with recipe now

Angie Malone alm4 at cornell.edu
Mon Nov 18 11:04:52 PST 2002

I'm sorry everyone I didn't include the recipe! Doh!

Crust:

2 cups crushed graham crackers
1/2 c melted butter
2 1/2 T brown sugar
  tsp cinnamon

Filling:

1 1/2 lb cream cheese
1 c. sugar
2 T lemon uice
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 eggs
whipped cream
nutmeg

1) Mix together the crushed graham crackers, melted butter, brown sugar and
cinnamon.  Firmly press the bottom and sides of a 9 in spring form
pan.  Put in the refrigerator until ready to use.

2) MIx the cream cheese with the sugar until smooth and soft.

3) Add the lemon juice, vanilla and eggs mix well

4) pour into the prepared crust and bake in a 325 degree F for about 45
minutes.  Turn off the heat and leave in the oven until cool.

5) serve topped with whipped cream and sprinkled with nutmeg.

After reading this recipe through and going thru what I did in my head.  I
think I may have found the problem.  I used graham cracker crumbs from a
box.  In other words graham crackers already crushed up. They were probably
drier than the crackers would have been if I would've crushed them up.

Also I did not line the sides of the pan with the crumb cause Dad told me
not to, he doesn't like it that way. So the crust on the bottom was thicker
than it would've been.