[Sca-cooks] period spectacles

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Nov 19 07:55:51 PST 2002

> Yeha, riiight. Medical sunglasses generally don't look like that. At least
> not the ones I've seen for post-cataract patients, etc. I think they just
> want to look 'cool', and don't care that we think it's stupid.

I know someone who was in the SCA who wore wraparound sunglasses (black)
in sunshine because he had acute photosensitivity. It looked very odd,
considering he was VERY Welsh in extraction and had long flowing hair. But
it was a _lot_ easier to ignore his sunglasses than to deal with him if he
got a migraine.

I wear contacts most of the time, and most people who know me know me
without glasses. But this year I've gotten new glasses and wear them a
lot-- I find that no-one actually notices that I'm wearing glasses. [Of
course, at one point I had a huge bandaid under one eye for a week and
only three people commented, so I don't know if people don't notice or
don't comment. *GRIN*]

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa   jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"It's no use trying to be clever- we are all clever here; just try
to be kind- a little kind." F. J. Foakes Jackson.