[Sca-cooks] Haggis in 11/19 NYT

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Tue Nov 19 18:06:54 PST 2002

Also sprach johnna holloway:
>At the risk of starting yet another haggis thread, I would point out
>that today's (November 19, 2002) New York Times carries an article on
>"Haggis, the Food of Poets (Well, One Scottish Poet)" on page A4.
>
>http://www.nytimes.com/2002/11/19/international/europe/19EDIN.html
>
>The article states: "You haven't lived until you've had haggis
>ravioli..." It also mentions "wee cocktail haggis canapes."

It's been alleged (honestly, I forget where I read this) that one of
Prince Philip's favorite dishes, after sweet and sour pork, is cold
leftover haggis, cut into chunks, floured, deep-fried, and served
with that same Chinese sweet-and-sour sauce.

Adamantius
deserves to be called a scholar."
	-DONALD FOSTER