[Sca-cooks] recommendations for salt fish?

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Tue Nov 19 18:51:05 PST 2002

Kirrily Robert wrote:

> A local ethnic grocery has salt fish, smoked herring,
> stockfish (ugly dried thing!), and I think some other
> types of medieval-food-compatible preserved fishies.
>
> Anyone got any recommendations for recipes to try out
> with this stuff?  Or is it all just nasty?
>
> Yours,
>
> Katherine

I suspect that a discussion of lutefisk will now ensue.

My own archives have messages from the dates 9-18-97,
9-19-97, 9-20-97, 9-22-97, and 11-25-97 (17 messages).

Should I replay them?

Why do I know this?  There are a lot of Norwegian and
also some Swedish families in my neighborhood, and it
seemed prudent to know about their cuisine.

Vincenzo

--
Martin G. Diehl