[Sca-cooks] Airbed vs. Futon vs. Rope bed

Beatrix zumDunklenturm beazumd_cook at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 20 07:09:58 PST 2002

My husband and I use an Eddie Bauer "insta-bed." It's
a double tall air bed with a built-in pump. The
"queen" (which is really a full) holds us really well
(close to 500 lbs between the two of us).
Our camp-mate (250 lbs) has been using the "twin" size
all season (close to 25 camping weekend events, we're
in the West) without a single leak.
If you're going to go for something non-period, I
think this is the way to go! (We actually had about 10
people come watch the beds blow themselves up while we
set up camp, then they all took turns "bouncing" on
it.)
~Bea