[Sca-cooks] COPYING The secrets of the reverend MaisterAlexis of Piemont

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Thu Nov 21 09:06:19 PST 2002

The fact of the matter is that EEBO created these electronic files from
the microfilm projects done for UMI.

They and the libraries that held the books own the files. This was not
an inexpensive project and it took a number of years to complete. They
pay for the project by selling "Online subscriptions [that] allow
unlimited searching for a set fee."

Their policy is outlined very clearly--

"ProQuest Information and Learning Company has copyright and other
intellectual property rights in Early English Books Online. In addition,
ProQuest Information and Learning's agreements with the owners of the
materials reproduced in Early English Books Online give us limited
rights which do not include reproduction of images outside of Early
English Books Online. Accordingly, you must obtain permission to include
images in books or articles from both ProQuest Information and Learning
and the owner of the material."

You may choose to violate this copyright under the belief that you will
not be caught but it's not a wise idea.

Johnnae llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway

Nick Sasso wrote:snipped