[Sca-cooks] OOP - Turkey, again!

A F Murphy afmmurphy at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 25 10:01:53 PST 2002

I'm used to having celebrations in a small family.  The one single
Thanksgiving I was married and my grandmother was alive, we got all the
way up to 6! Usually just 4.(None of our relatives are near...) So, even
with our pretty stripped down dinner, there were plenty of leftovers -
or have you ever seen a nice 3 lb turkey?

But I've never seen taking home only your own leftovers. Either in my
family, my in-laws (a bit more traditional - 9 or 10, if I was there,
and enough to feed about 30...)  or families I have visited. I've always
seen the hostess insist that she can't possibly use everything that is
left, and pack up a variety of foods for every guest. Extras for
young'n'broke or people who'll be sharing with friends or family who
couldn't come...

And I hope your mother's recovery is fast and uneventful.

Anne