[Sca-cooks] OOP - Turkey, again!

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 25 10:06:45 PST 2002

My mother has retired from cooking the grand meal, but still requires all our
presence for a restaurant get-together.  No more arguing over who washes what,
I guess it's okay.

Anahita writes:  "My mom likes things *her* way, so whenever i
try to help or bring something that actually is interesting to eat, i
get yelled at or my food gets sneered at."

Are you sure we're not related?  My mom won't even consider the notion of my
hosting instead.

We have been invited to a SCA household gathering on Friday, however, and I'm
making Morton Thompson's Black Turkey, a fiendishly complicated concoction
which breaks just about all the rules but, properly prepared, lives up to all
of Robert Benchley's slavish rhetoric.
<http://www.pepperfool.com/recipes/holidays/black_turkey.html>  NOT recommended
for beginners, Miss Apollonia, for you I'd recommend Alton Brown's method.
<www.foodtv.com>

Selene Colfox