[Sca-cooks] OOP - Turkey, again!

Carol Eskesen Smith BrekkeFranksdottir at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 25 18:04:02 PST 2002

On brining- it looks interesting, but I'm cooking for poeple on salt-restricted diets, so I'll probably just rinse the bird out with plain water, make my usual stuffing, and go frm there.  Turkey, brussels sprouts (Menagier recipe for small caboges), mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, salad, green beans (asparagus is $2.99/lb, and looks awfully thick), pickles, olives, and artichoke hearts, cranberry sauce, apple pie, and pumpkin pie.  (We skip the creamed onions and succotash, since they were traditionally on the table, and - equally traditionally - remained there, untouched, throughout the feast.)  This is a more-or-less traditional feast.
This does not include the vegetables and dip, crackers, sheeses, and preserved (i.e., not homemade) sausages which are not part of the meal but are available before we start the serious eating.   Oh, yes.  I'm cooking for four.
TRegards,
Brekke