[Sca-cooks] full of baloney

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Nov 28 22:06:19 PST 2002

> Unless, perhaps he means Trail bologna, which does come
> from Ohio, the tiny burg of Trail, down in Amish country.  What
> exactly, does the Lebanon version look like?  Trail comes in a
> ring and is a very dark red brown.  It is about an inch and a
> quarter  to an inch and a half in diameter

Nope. That's not what I'm thinking of. This was about four or five
inches in diameter and a straight cylinder. It was a darkish red
color with obvious chunks of meat and fat and some peppercorns.
I'll try to remember to get a better look at the label. I was in
the store buying stuff for today's Thanksgiving dinner, but I
didn't think to look and I deli section would have been closed by
then, anyway.

It did look similar to some of the stuff on one of the websites that
were given here. Unfortunately, one of the sites I couldn't read
because it needed some special plug-in. It directed me to a page
where I could download more plug-ins, but it never told me which
one I was supposedly missing. :-(  Not a very good decision on
that web designers part IMHO, at least for a commercial site.

Stefan
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com