[Sca-cooks] ** cookie exchange and allergies **

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 29 18:27:14 PST 2002

>All this talk about sugar substitutes made me wonder if any one is
>planning on using them for the cookie exchange. Nutrasweet makes me
>extremely ill.  Does anyone else have allergies or sensitivities?
>
>Can I ask that anything with sugar substitutes (and common allergens)
>be labeled?  A list of ingredients is a good thing anyway. They could
>just go to someone else, but my mind boogles at the though of trying
>to repackage cookies while looking at a list of who can't get what.
>
>Ranvaig  (who will bake cookies tomorrow)

Who's surprized.  I'll be sending marzipan.  So if you are allergic to
almonds, powdered sugar, gel food colourings, sander or rosewater, don't eat
them.
I was actually going to bake some cookies too, but my convection oven is on
the fritz and Hans hasn't fixed it right yet.  He was going to come help but
I guess his life got too busy.  I wonder how busy he will be when the
cookies get here??  **Plus** he lives at Chirharts house, so he's going to
get to double dip!!  I hope he is at least helping Chirhart with his
cookies.
Olwen