[Sca-cooks] beer in food

Julie & Derek Craig hylander at ihug.co.nz
Sat Nov 30 10:58:58 PST 2002

Hi,

I don't have any period recipes for this, but.....  my husband and I brew
and we always use the residue for making bread  Now it makes sense to me
that this would have happenned, as I can't see the cook allowing anything to
go to waste.  Especially something that makes the bread rise so well!!  We
have made all kinds of varieties of beer (including honey spiced..mmmmm) adn
the tastes, as you can imagine vary.  The kids love it and it has a
beautiful malty taste (strength dependant on type of beer and amount put
into dough)

just my 2c

/Julie