[Sca-cooks] 2 cookbooks available

sjk3 at cornell.edu sjk3 at cornell.edu
Sun Oct 6 04:47:40 PDT 2002

I have acquired two cookbooks that I already have copies of.  I suppose I
could auction them off on E-bay, but I figured I'd rather find someone
here who wanted them.  Both are used copies, in good clean condition.
Interested people should probably contact me off-list.  They are:

Lorna Sass, _To the Queen's Taste: Elizabethan feasts and recipies
adapted for modern cooking_.  Original recipes and sources are given in
addition her adaptation.

John L. Anderson, _A Fifteenth Century Cookry Boke_.  The description in
the back says "Taken verbatim, except for errata, from the following
material made available by the Early English Text Society: Harleian MSS
279 (about 1430 A.D.) and 4010 (about 1450 A.D.), in the British Museum,
and Ashmole MS 1429, Laud MS 533 and Douce MS 55 (about 1450 A.D.), in
the Bodleian Library."

Sandra Kisner
sjk3 at cornell.edu