[Sca-cooks] RE: German Veggie recipes

M. C. Grasse grasse at mscd.edu
Wed Oct 16 10:56:55 PDT 2002

In digest #2590, Ranvaig was asking for German Veggie recipes.

As it happens, I have just returned from teaching at the 2nd Bards and Cooks
event up in Ealdomere [Was a BLAST as last time].  My class was Playing with
Rumpolt again: Minding your Peas and Cukes.  It was hands on
redacting/recreating a veggie recipe from Rumpolt.  The class chose number
114, but I will do the write up on that another time.
The pertinent bit for here is that I have just webbed 50+ German veggie
recipes taken from Ein New Kochbuch 1581, by Marxen Rumpolt.  This group,
from my class handout, is mostly apples, pears, spinach, cabbage, and root
veggies. I will be adding peas, mushrooms, and a variety of grains and other
veggies as time permits.

http://clem.mscd.edu/~grasse/GK_veggie1.htm

It is not Welserin, but I hope you might find this useful,

In Service to the Dream
Gwen Cat