[Sca-cooks] Re: Roman Cookery - Pear Patina (Pre-period OT) & Apicius question

Susan Laing paxford at gil.com.au
Fri Oct 18 00:51:40 PDT 2002

Amra didst scribe....
<snip>.....In that modern instance, you indeed get a
firm-at-the-edge-goopy-middled product.

Thanks! - Not having come from a family background of desserts I really
wasn't sure about what the end result should be :-p

>When's dessert? <YUuuuummmmmmmm!>

Grin.... how fast can you get to Australia? - doing more Pear dishes this
weekend :-p

Mari

BTW - can anyone remind me of which is the recommended version of
picius?  - is it Vehling or Rosenblaum (sp?) - just writing up a "wish list"
of books I would like and need to get the details right