[Sca-cooks] Re: [Sca-cooks]Flamingos in period...

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Sun Oct 6 10:56:20 PDT 2002

The pink color comes from eating things that contain carotenoids, in the
case of flamingos this is apparently either brine shrimp or blue-green
algae (or supplements, in zoos). Salmon are orange for the same reason,
and if you take too many beta-carotene supplements, you'll turn orange
too.

Margaret, who spent too much time volunteering at the zoo in her youth