[Sca-cooks] pizza OOP

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu Oct 10 17:07:10 PDT 2002

At 04:49 PM 10/10/02 -0700, you wrote:

>My daughter and i most often have deep dish spinach mushroom pizza.
>It has tomato sauce against the crust, tasty herbs and garlic, the
>vegetables, and a sprinkling of cheese. No grease.
>
>Another one of my favorites is thin sliced new potatoes with pesto,
>fresh basil, red onions, and mozarella. Yes, there's olive oil in the
>pesto, but no floating grease (called variously Mr. Pestato Head or
>Potesto, by various local pizzerias).
>
>Another favorite has spinach, artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes,
>kalamata olives, feta, basil, and mozzarella. No grease.
>
>Of course, sometimes i long for lots of cheese, so i get one that has
>fontina, gorgonzola, and mozzarella, walnuts, and fresh sage, with a
>little tomato sauce. It still isn't awash in grease.

Ooh... one of the favorites here at Regina's house is a Garlic Chicken
pizza- instead of the standard tomato sauce, it has alfredo, with smoked
chicken, lots of garlic, and a variety of veggies, and of course cheese.

I agree that lots of greasy meat prolly makes for the 'greasy' feel/taste,
though I think the quality of the cheese has something to do with it also.
Cheap cheese is gross, fake cheese is even worse.

There. Now you've done it! I'm hungry for pizza!

'Lainie