[Sca-cooks] Re: 1250

Vincent Cuenca bootkiller at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 11 08:33:56 PDT 2002

 >Here is the question for Thursday!
 >Can anyone point me in the direction of, or send me recipes, etc from 1250
 >or before?  I somehow have the feeling there isn't going to be much
outside
 >of the Andelusian book but I thought I would ask.  I don't keep dates in
my
 >head so I'm unsure.

How 'bout the Anglo-Norman one? I don't have a reference to hand but I'll
bet it's in Stefan's files somewhere...

I'd also go with the "Libellus de Arte Coquinaria" AKA the Harpestrang
Codex.  Mostly French recipes, IIRC.  And I think our good Adamantius has
worked up a couple from Anthimus?

Would these work? Anthimus is what, 8th century?  And the Harpestrang is
about 1200, that should serve you nicely.

Vicente

If you get into a jam, you can always eat something, blow something up or
throw penguins. --Jim Henson