[Sca-cooks] Re: SCAdians vehicles, WAS: Drakey's driving.

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sun Oct 13 18:56:45 PDT 2002

 Anahita skrev:

> Now i have an old mid-size station wagon, which gets VERY full of my
> stuff. I'm thinking of buying one of those streamlined "boxes" that
> attach to the roof of the car. I'd like to replace my Coleman camp
> cot with futon for a slat bed, and i'd like an additional lightweight
> folding table to add to the kitchen and a "peri-oid" wooden table and
> benches for eating and visiting. Now folks tell me my car can pull a
> small trailer, so...

Oh, Lordy, tell me about it! Every time I pull into Pennsic, my vehicle
looks like something out of the Beverly Hillbillies, and that's with storage
in Zelienople, or however it's spelled. This Pennsic, I drove the Ford
Bronco from CT to Cooper's, dropped the trailer and some of the waterproof
stuff, drove down into Ohio and loaded more stuph, and back to Pennsic.
Afterwards, it took 3 fully loaded trips, plus help from a couple other
vehicles to load the storage locker, then drove the full Bronco, with a
loaded trailer, back to CT.

Of course, the Metal Smith's Symposium, I trevelled light- All my camping
gear and garb, a 10 X 20 shelter, three forges, blowers, a dozen RR track
anvils, etc etc etc.... Thank Heavens for Ron's pick-up truck....

Phlip, who definitely travels heavy....