[Sca-cooks] re: Advice on cleaning deep frying pots

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 15 07:55:57 PDT 2002

I could use some advice.  I have two big cast-iron dutch ovens with entirely
burnt-on surfaces.  I got delayed at war HQ while dinner was cooking in the
embers.  The middle was still tasty enough and that's what we ate, but it's
going to be a difficult process.  I'm thinking of going the soaking and
wire-bruch route, then re-seasoning the whole things.  Sigh.  Advice please?

Selene Colfox