[Sca-cooks] Coordination, was Early SCA heraldry.

Kirrily Robert skud at infotrope.net
Thu Oct 17 09:54:47 PDT 2002

Apollonia wrote:
> Does anyone else get boggled down in research, and have nothing but the
> knowledge to show for it?  I am apprenticed to a costuming Laurel, and I
> have 1 really nice dress.  I can talk for hours on Italian costuming, and
> yet haven't done anything in the last few months except research, and look
> at pics...

I suffer from a similar, but not identical, problem.  I read a range of
stuff and end up with a head full of trivia, which has no very useful
purpose but has a tendency to burst out at inopportune moments.  Like,
someone said to me that they were watching a murder mystery set in a
great country house in the 1920s, and that not much had changed in the
way such a house was run since the 1500s... and I launched into a long
and rambling explanation of the effects of the invention of back stairs,
bell pull systems, and Victorian morality on the way servants work in
large households.  This guy just stood there with his mouth hanging
open, and said "wow, it's like you push a button and random information
comes out."  I apologised and wandered off slightly embarrassed :)

Yours,

Katherine

katherine at infotrope.net  http://infotrope.net/sca/