[Sca-cooks] Johannesburg Torte was researching recipes

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Fri Oct 18 06:47:44 PDT 2002

The date is mid 1650's. It's out in a French reprint from the 1980's,
which I can highly recommend.

The English translation was released in England as by Marnette. Titled
The Perfect Cook with a first edition in 1656 and the second in 1686
which (and this is where your good luck stops)
HAVE NEVER been filmed by UMI, so they are not on microfilm NOR are they
on EEBO.

They are part of this Thomason Tract literature that has never
been added to EEBO. Sometime in the next 2 years or so, maybe
they will be added. This is another of those titles that I pointed
out to EEBO that need to be added when I met with them last month.

Johnnae llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway