[Sca-cooks] Shekhina (OT): was Bloody well OT (Nimoy sings Baggins)

Patrick McKinnion patgund at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 18 10:20:50 PDT 2002

on 10/18/02 9:07 AM, Susan Fox-Davis at selene at earthlink.net wrote:

> Now I'm =really= afraid.

    (Innocent smile)

> I hear that Nimoy's new photography collection SHEKHINA has gotten him in some
> hot water with the Federation -- The Jewish Federation that is.  I think they
> were more shocked at the pictures of women donning tefillin and prayer shawls
> [normally, strictly masculine articles of religious regalia] than at the
> nudity.  On the other hand, if I had been exposed to more examples of feminine
> spirit in Judaism back when I was a child, I might not have strayed so far.
> <http://www.jewish.com/news/bestnews4.shtml>

    (Nods)   So I heard as well.    I have a copy of the book on order,
(Salon had some images from it on the pay section, and being a sucker for
very good photography, I ordered it.)   A reform rabbi friend of mine said
he saw no problems with it.   (then again, he's the one who sent me a small
Shekhina statue for my altar after I gave him a copy of Raphel Patai's "The
Hebrew Goddess".

    Anyway, bring up the book when I get the copy?

    - Padraig o Connell

I doubt they would get a clue even if Blue and Steve themselves came in and
pummeled them mercilessly with a sledgehammer with Blue's pawprint stamped
on the business end.
(http://home.earthlink.net/~patgund)  ICQ# 5527565
Patrick's Ever-Growing Tagline Collection:
(http://home.earthlink.net/~patgund/tagline/)