[Sca-cooks] Russian black bread...

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at cox.net
Sun Oct 20 14:02:49 PDT 2002

At 12:11 PM 10/20/02,Phlip said something like:
>Hey, Bear,
>
>I have a friend who wants to make a Russian blaCK BREAD SIMILAR TO ONE SHE
>GETS AT A COMMERCIAL PLACE, BUT THE COMMERCIAL PLACE IS QUITE A DRIVE AWAY
>FROM HER. sHE'S AN EXPERIENCED BAKER- DO YOU HAVE ANY REALLY GOOD RECIPES
>FOR A REALLY DARK, rUSSIAN- STYLE PUMPERNICKEL? (Sorry- caplock)
>
>Phlip

I have an untranslated recipe that was sent to me from a friend in Russia.
He claims that it is the recipe for village black bread.

When he visited here a couple of years ago, I took him pumpernickl-ish
blackbread, and he claimed it was like eating cake, and nothing like the
good black bread at home. (ha!)

What I have is a .jpg graphic that is the recipe in cyrillic letters if
anybody would like a copy. (I have given it to a nice young man in Calafia
who grew up reading/speaking Russian, and he is working on translating it
for me even now).

Regards,
Maggie MacD.