[Sca-cooks] Rosaries, was :gum tragacanth

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Tue Oct 22 19:19:44 PDT 2002

what i was saying is that "our Lady's Psalter" was used as a term before
"Rosary" ever was......

*I*, me, Kirsten, tend to use the term "Rosary" to desribe any form of Our
Lady's Psalter.. even if the term was not in use in the area at the time....
for simplicity and because it is instantly understood by a modern audience.

just like i say "allergy" when speaking to a mixed audience instead of
trying to explain "sensitivity" as opposed to "allergy"  which is distinct
from "i dunno, i just throw up if i try to eat it" etc etc.
Kirsten
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
http://www.fabricdragon.com

"Did you vote?  No?   Then don't come whining to me...."