[Sca-cooks] large dayboard feast: need advice from those who have done this before

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Oct 23 22:33:12 PDT 2002

Marion asked:
>    This is a plea for advice from those who have fed
> the masses at an Eastern (or for that matter, any
> Kingdom's) dayboard. The event is at the end of
> November and will be held partly indoors, partly
> outdoors. The weather last year was very cold.
>    We are in the final planning stages of the dayboard
> for the event. Troll last year was 600, and for this
> year it is estimated at 700, but obviously our mileage
> may vary depending on weather. The time frame is not
> set, but it is Northern European.
 <snip>
>    Any and all advice and dire warnings will be
> welcomed and greatfully accepted.

Perhaps these two files in the FEASTS section of the Florilegium might
be of interest:

dayboards-msg     (10K)  1/11/02    SCA dayboards, middle-of-the-day meals.

http://www.florilegium.org/files/FEASTS/dayboards-msg.html

Daybrd-Advent-art (16K)  8/ 5/02    "Dayboard Adventures" by Jadwiga Zajaczkowa.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FEASTS/Daybrd-Advent-art.html

These dayboards must be increasing in popularity. We've had a thread
on dayboards again just recently. I saved some info from that thread
to be added to the first file above but haven't had a chance to add
it yet. If you like, email me and I will either get that file updated
or email you the messages that I've saved.
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com