[Sca-cooks] large dayboard feast

Irene Karlsson Irene.Karlsson at ebc.uu.se
Thu Oct 24 04:25:50 PDT 2002

Hi all,

We just had crown torney in Drachenwald last weekend, and although we
only served 150 people :-) I thought that I could add a few
observations.

We usually only serve a light lunch, the soup-and-bread kind of
thing. This year we made a soup of whole wheat, several kinds of
beans, onions, two kinds of meat, and some spicy sausages(I don´t
remember the reference for the moment). This was served with bread,
butter and cheese. So far, nothing out of the ordinary.
We also served two kinds of hot apple drink, one made with cider and
mushed apples, served with cream, and one made from an apple juice
base cooked to a syrup with sugar, ginger, cloves and cinnamon. This
was a huge success. Especially as the weather was on the crisp side
(ca +2 celcius). The fighters also appreciated the sugar as the
torney went on...

All ingredients in the soup were prepared and cooked the day before,
so we only had to mix the right amounts and heat before serving. That
also made it easy to make a vegetarian version, one without onions
etc.

Ta add a small presentation I live in Nordmark, Drachenwald, have
been a member of the SCA for the last ten years, and can often be
found in the kitchen on events :-) Most of the time I have the
options at yahoo set to no mail as I don´t have the time to go
through the sometimes large amounts of mail, but I have found a lot
of useful information on the list. Thank you all :-)
Karna Persdotter