[Sca-cooks] Spanish menu

Barbara Benson vox8 at mindspring.com
Sat Oct 26 08:20:04 PDT 2002

> Brighid > I am planning to do something similar at my feast in January.
Note that "Comer higos a la francesa" (Nola recipe #100) is recommended as a
good dish for the beginning of a meal.

Greetings,

I served this at the beginning of one of my feasts. I found that while the
white Calamata figs are more expensive I preferred the taste of the cheaper
black mission figs. So I served one white and 3 black to each table (except
high and they got a pile). Also, the dish tastes not-so-good if they are
allowed to cool, keep them warm (but not hot) right up to the time you serve
them.

I think they went over well, none of them came back.

Glad Tidings,
Serena da Riva