[Sca-cooks] Drakey's latest accident story...

Glenda Robinson glendar at compassnet.com.au
Tue Oct 29 22:12:07 PST 2002

It's definitely the type of word you could say in front of your elderly
relatives here in Oz. But then again, over here, calling some 'a bit of a
bugger' is not an insult. Case in point - a Prime Minister, about 15 years
ago, called a not-so-young-any-more man who stopped him in the street to ask
a pointed question an 'old bugger'. The media blew it up, not so much
because of the 'bugger', but because of the use of the word 'old'.

I'm sure you wouldn't have actually said 'sodding', Drakey - I know that
when anyone in the house here drops leather dye, it's probably the same
wording you used! We, however, use rubber gloves, and thankfully always do
the dyeing in the workshop (yes, of course it now has decorative coloured
patches on the floor!).

BTW:  Wayne says try the orange/citrus hand scrub you can get from hardware
stores. You fairly much have to remove the skin to get it off. Wayne's used
this when his gloves have worn away at the fingertip.

Have fun!

G.