[Sca-cooks] Starbucks

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 4 14:40:26 PDT 2002

>Ah, a soulmate on the Starbucks issue. Ordinary coffee that
>should be used for espresso and espresso that should be
>thrown away, not sold for $4.95 a cup.

>Adamantius

Count me in on the "I don't like Starbuck's Coffee" crowd. I
can't drink their stuff straight. It HAS to have all that
latte/cinnamon sprinkles/whipped cream/froo-froo for it to
be drinkable. Give me a nice cup of medium roast Columbian
Supreme freshly ground in a french press any day over that.

Although I don't mind their coffee if it is in a latte with
lots of whole milk. And I usually drink my coffee black.

And, as an avowed tree-hugger, I really wish I could drink
shade-grown coffee. But so far I've never tried any that
didn't taste like someone brewed old sweat socks.

Gunthar