[Sca-cooks] Cathedral rankings.

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 5 10:44:07 PDT 2002

>Adamantius, last time I checked, either a Cardinal or an Archbishop
>of the One True Cathedral of the Flaming Cheesy Salamander, with only Papa
>Gunthar as my superior on Earth. Well, then there's
>Cariadoc, but we all know he's a heretic...
>
>P.S.: I bet there are even people on this list now who don't realize
>that Papa Gunthar is Papa because he's the Pope (Papa being an
>Eastern Orthodox/Byzantine term of endearment for anything from a
>priest on up), not because he's a Dad...

I never considered myself as any of the "high priests" (the phrase
I accidently used when this mess started). I thought I knew a bit
about cooking when I started this but realized my place in the
pecking order. Some called me "pope" sheesh. I consider myself
as half janitor (I frequently clean up the mess) and half the
wealthy patron who built the building so that y'all can enjoy it.
I'm still Chairman of the Board, but you guys are what make it
run.

They decided "Poppa" for me because that is the title for any level
of Catholic priest from the lowliest village preacher to the Pope.
So I got hit with that. It makes for interesting reactions when
people meet me because they expect to see someone much older than
I am.

"Poppa" Gunthar