[Sca-cooks] tomato referances

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Sep 12 22:31:46 PDT 2002

Since the topic of tomatoes and their use in period has come up again
here on this list, I got busy and uploaded an article that was
recently sent to me. That file is:
16C-Tomato-art    (16K)  9/ 5/02    "Sixteenth Century Italian and Spanish
                                 Tomato References" by Johnnae llyn Lewis,
                                 Helewyse de Birkestad, and Brighid ni
                                 Chiarain.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-VEGETABLES/16C-Tomato-art.html

Other information I have on tomatoes includes:
tomato-hist-art   (18K)  2/ 1/99    "You say tomato I say Xitomatl" by Lord
                                        Xaviar the Eccentric.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-VEGETABLES/tomato-hist-art.html
tomatoes-msg      (27K)  1/ 4/01    Tomatoes in period.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-VEGETABLES/tomatoes-msg.html

See Johnnae, I do eventually get articles online. It just sometimes
takes me awhile due to various things, like real life. :-)
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net