[Sca-cooks] New Zealand/Australia:food advice

Jones, Craig Craig.Jones at airservices.gov.au
Thu Sep 26 16:37:29 PDT 2002

> Kolfrosta <kolfrosta at earthlink.net> wrote:
> >Just out of curiosity are there any people allergic to any foods out
here?  I don't want to make anything that someone cannot eat.

> First, that's a good question.
> I'm allergic to artificial vanilla. Nothing radical. But my head gets all
stopped up and i can't taste or smell. Stays for hours.
> Anahita

	It is a good question.  The very best way to help out folks with
allergies/sensitivities/likes/dislikes is to include a good label with
everything that gets sent.  Individual cards or labels for each batch so
that everyone knows what it's called, what's in it, and how to make it if
you like it.
	It would not be possible to avoid everything that everyone has some problem
with.  If there's anyone with a deathly nut allergy, they should probably
not participate, because some nut will end up where it's not supposed to be.
Good labeling is absolutely the best way to deal with this.  As for making
something someone doesn't like, let them decide.  Someone on their gift list
WILL like it, and there will be more than enough goodies to spread around.
	Having said all that, I'm sure we'd all appreciate it if everyone used the
best, freshest, highest quality ingredients possible.  That, along with the
challenge of something that will travel well and be inexpensive enough to
make at least 12 dozen of still has me wondering what I'm making.  I found
my two mermaid cookie cutters earlier, but they have parts that would break
off in transit, so no go there.  Hm....
Christianna