[Sca-cooks] New Zealand/Australia:food advice

Jones, Craig Craig.Jones at airservices.gov.au
Thu Sep 26 20:46:46 PDT 2002

According to my experience, the difference between creamed corn, and whole kernel is simply how deep you make the cut when cutting from the cob, and how sharp your knife is.  In other words, back in the days when I was growing my own veggies, and putting them by, my first few bowls of cut corn were whole kernel, my last few were VERY creamed, and those in between somewhere in the middle.  My knife would get dull, and I'd get tired, and lazy, so the cut wasn't as deep or clean.  When I'd cook it, sometimes I'd add a bit of corn starch dissolved in a little water to make it as thick as the canned stuff.