[Sca-cooks] Mrs Levy again

Avraham haRofeh goldberg at bestweb.net
Fri Sep 6 04:08:42 PDT 2002

> Oh!? Learn something new every day... I had no idea there were any
> regulations like that for anything parve!
>
> So, you wouldn't be able to serve something like vitello tonnato, with
> meat and fish together? I know fish is more commonly served with dairy,
> or an entirely parve meal, but I always just assumed that there was no
> reason to serve fish with meat, not that there was a reason not to!

Depends on your tradition and background. Some rabbis have felt that fish is
not quite pareve, and should be held separate from meat - not as stringently
as dairy, but separate nonetheless.

Avraham

Avraham haRofeh of Northpass
     (mka Randy Goldberg MD)
OBTag: Never attribute to malice what can adequately be explained by
stupidity. "Silverwing's Laws"