[Sca-cooks] Barleycorn- A WONDERFUL event ;-)

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 8 19:52:52 PDT 2002

[ Converted text/enriched to text/plain ]
On 8 Sep 2002, at 22:22, Phlip wrote:

> Well, folks, I just got back earlier from one of the best small events
> I've ever been to, in any Kingdom- if you weren't there you missed a
> great time ;-)
>
> I'm referring to the John Barleycorn event, held in and by Northpass,
> in Ostgardr, a bit north of New York City.
[snip]
> Patricia and Avraham did an absolutely wonderful job, and weren"t
> terribly late (about half an hour to an hour) despite dealing with
> some pretty severe difficulties- there was no water in the kitchen
> Friday night during their intended pre-prep, and it was discovered
> that one of the two ovens they needed for the chicken wasn't working-
> they had to borrow one at another campsite, about half a mile down the
> road. I strongly believe that they should both receive a Burdened
> Tyger, for excellence under extreme difficulty.

Phlip,

Thank you for the event report. I could not make it to the event because of
commitments to my local group, but I'm delighted to hear that it went so well.
I look forward to hearing Avraham's account of the day.

One thing, though. I applaud the cooks for overcoming the challenges of the
site, and producing a delicious meal, but I don't think they are eligible for
a Burdened Tyger. This is given only for events at which the Royalty are are
present. Unless I misread the event announcement, TRM were not scheduled to be
there. Here's the relevant section from East Kingdom law:

"Order of the Burdened Tyger (OBT): presented to those gentles associated with
running an event or an aspect of an event which the Crown attended, and which
They feel was well above the normal standard of excellence in the Kingdom.
However, it cannot be awarded at that same event. An individual can receive
this award more than once."

None of which prevents us from saying lots of nice things about Avraham and
getting him thoroughly embarassed. :-)

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net