[Sca-cooks] Barleycorn- A WONDERFUL event ;-)

Avraham haRofeh goldberg at bestweb.net
Mon Sep 9 04:45:42 PDT 2002

> Thank you for the event report. I could not make it to the event because
of
> commitments to my local group, but I'm delighted to hear that it went so
well.
> I look forward to hearing Avraham's account of the day.
>
> None of which prevents us from saying lots of nice things about Avraham
and
> getting him thoroughly embarassed. :-)

I'll just sit over here in the corner and blush. <g>

My day was mostly a blur, and I mostly remember scenes, rather than a fluid
series of events:
    - Playing with the Hobart mixer, making herbed cheese and honey butter
    - doing a "surgical scrub" on my arms to the elbows to mix the chicken
stuffing
    - going down to the second camp to babysit the roasting chickens for a
bit
    - finding that one of the ovens at the SECOND camp wasn't working, and
       sending half the chickens BACK up the hill
    - getting back to main hall to discover that the newly-returned chickens
were
       still sitting in a cold oven, and 30 minutes to feast
    - chopping batch after batch of herbs in my Cuisinart (and thank God I
thought
        to bring it!)
    - dropping my favorite mug on the road on my way down to investigate the
        merchants, thereby shattering it
    - finally buying some feast gear of my own, instead of borrowing all the
time
    - the herald in me being royally PISSED OFF at the gentle who insisted
on
        violating all protocol and toasting the Viceroy and Vicereine of
Ostgardr
        (I love Ian and Katherine, and I think they have been most poorly
treated
        by the Crown. I look forward to having our spiritual parents back -
but their
        seats are VACANT by fiat of the King, and YOU CAN'T TOAST THEM!)
    - sampling (on an empty stomach) both the raspberry and blueberry meads
brought
        by Baron Stefan, and finding my head swimming for the next hour or
two
    - finally getting to SIT DOWN after the last course went out

Avraham

Avraham haRofeh of Northpass
     (mka Randy Goldberg MD)
OBTag: Monopolized cable service is all cable and no service.