[Sca-cooks] Meadshtufff

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Sun Sep 8 21:33:56 PDT 2002

At 12:12 AM 9/9/02 -0400, you wrote:

>I've sewn through my thumb, ironed the back of my hand, and hot glued my
>arm. These are only the ones that left scars, though they are no longer
>visible... the hot glue hurt the worst.

Yup. Never ironed my hand, but I've have steam burns. Sewn through fingers
several times. Pulling the thread back through the wound was what hurt
worst. And yes, hot glue is pernicious- but sometimes the only thing that
will do the trick.

>We say a show isn't official until someone in the shop bleeds on a
>costume. We get good at removing blood...

:-)
Every time I've made something really fancy and special for an SO, I have
bled on it. I'm just hoping to break teh pattern with the 12th Night
outfits- blood + off-white silk= disaster...

'Lainie
still working on the mock-up...