[Sca-cooks] Botched Chicken Attempt

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Sep 11 08:12:37 PDT 2002

If you ever feel up to trying it again, There are clear instructions
with pictures of how to debone
a chicken without a breaking the skin. See The Good Cook Poultry volume
that was put out by Time Life in the 1980's.
Your public library ought to have the set on the shelf or a
larger library in the area should have them. Basicly you turn the
chicken inside out removing the bones as you go. Go slow and use a very
sharp knife. You then stuff the chicken and roast it. When it is carved
it reveals that it only contains a stuffing and meat. No bones.
It makes a whizbang presentation dish. I had it all documented because I
entered this as part of the French meal I did when I won the culinary
parts of Midrealm Penthalon.

Johnnae llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway

Barbara Benson wrote:snipped
Oh, that poor, poor chicken.>