[Sca-cooks] OT: how NOT to run a feast

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 11 18:16:51 PDT 2002

In Caid, dear heart.  I'm playing scullery maid to my lord husband
[ack!  That's not some sick fantasy, that's for real, okay?] who gets the
spotlight this time as head cook at Caid Twelfth Night, with my protege' Aeduin

as his chosen sous-chef.  I'm standing back, chopping onions and playing
troubleshooter-in-reserve.

My next cooking gigs after that:  Darachshire Black Oak Lodge, a rare Caidan
camping weekend at a mountain summer camp on the first weekend in Spring;
I'm going to =try= to get into the coveted Winter Weekend but there's never
any guarantee of getting a reservation at that very limited event.  As I
understand
it, everyone who goes gets to volunteer, and you know what duty I'll choose if
given a choice.
I'm putting in a menu bid for Caid Twelfth Night 2004, but that's all pie in
the sky.
I'm always looking for more gigs of course.  Have frypan, will travel.

I go to science fiction conventions and oft-times work the hospitality "Con
Suite"
operations, are you getting to any west coast cons in the forseeable future?

Selene Colfox