[Sca-cooks] Sabatier knives

Steve steve.mont at verizon.net
Sat Sep 14 11:27:17 PDT 2002

--
<snippage>

>The main conversation at work about steels is the debate of cermanic vs.
>diamond edged vs. steel. (I haven't decided yet)
>
>Beatrix of Tanet

I own/use a diamond and a steel.  Diamond will actually take off metal
(much like a stone) while a steel steel will true the edge.  I use the
diamond for sharpening as needed but the steel much more frequently for
truing the edge.  This keeps the blade sharper longer.

AEduin, who owns Wustof-Trident, Forschner and generic restaurant grade
chef's knives